Important milestones 2019
- Strong growth, both organic and through acquisitions.
- Closed two acquisitions: Rolls-Royce Commercial Marine and Aerospace Industrial Maintenance.
- Entering 2020 with a record high order backlog.
- Became a significantly larger company and a more complete supplier within our product areas.
KONGSBERG DEFENCE & AEROSPACE
- Won KONGSBERG’s largest contract ever for an air defence system for Qatar with a value of NOK 5.6 billion.
- Other important contracts include NASAMS to Australia, JSM to Japan, mobile ground based air defense to the Norwegian defense and several contracts for remote-controlled weapon stations (RWS).
- Good growth and profitability and high levels of activity.
- Order intake of NOK 16 billion and an order backlog of NOK 20 billion at the year-end.
- The integration of Commercial Marine was the largest ever integration in KM. MNOK 260 of cost synergies were realised in 2019. The aim to realise a total of MNOK 500 has been brought forward by two years and will be realised by the end of 2020.
- The business area is growing in 2019, also adjusted for acquisitions. There is a strong order intake, despite the new-build market being generally sluggish.
- Successful delivery of comprehensive KONGSBERG technology for Johan Sverdrup field phase 1 and the start of phase 2.
- Awarded contract for state-of-the-art semi-submersible drilling rig worth MNOK 350 for Keppel Offshore & Marine.
- Kognifai Dynamic Digital Twin contract with Norske Shell for the Nyhamna gas production plant and a digitalisation partnership with Shell.
- Launch of Vessel Insight, a data infrastructure solution for the maritime sector.
- Turnover: MNOK 800, 25 per cent growth.