Important milestones 2021
- A solid year with strong performance.
- Order intake of NOK 41 billion in 2021 result in a record high order backlog of almost NOK 50 billion.
- Strong external ESG (environmental, social and governance) ratings on our ESG performance.
- Signed up and committed to setting Science Based Targets.
KONGSBERG DEFENCE & AEROSPACE
- Good order intake with important contracts including Joint Strike Missile for Norway’s new F-35 fighter aircraft, Naval Strike Missile for Norway and Germany, ORCCA combat system for new Norwegian and German submarines and extension of the CROWS framework agreement with the US Army.
- A solid margin was among others a result of good project implementation, a favourable project mix and strong project execution throughout the organisation.
- All divisions had more than 10 per cent growth compared to 2020.
- Order intake of NOK 17.8 billion in 2021, an increase of NOK 2 billion from the previous year and book / bill of 1.09. Both from Offshore Wind, Naval and the Tugs segment, there was an order intake of more than NOK 1 billion.
- Cross selling was one of the main synergy potentials in the acquisition of RRCM. In 2021, the business area realized NOK 1.5 billion in cross sales within new sales and aftermarket of which MNOK 500 offshore wind.
- The business area further improved its profitability in 2021. EBITDA grew by MNOK 445 to MNOK 1,977. The EBITDA margin increases from 9.4 per cent to 12.0 per cent in 2021 among others as a result of improved operations and favourable project mix.
- Kongsberg Digital is experiencing increased demand and interest for the company’s digital solutions and increased its recurring revenues from 35 per cent to 41 per cent and hired over 200 new colleagues in 2021.
- Entered into an international framework agreement with Shell for SiteCom, the cloud solution for monitoring and improving drilling operations, in addition to extending the agreement with AkerBP.
- Continued rollout of the digital twin solution Kognitwin Energy under a framework agreement with Shell, among others on the Ormen Lange field.
- Secured agreements for the maritime cloud solution Vessel Insight with, among others, Olympic Subsea, Island Offshore and Höegh Autoliners.
To the top